Why might it be useful for you and your coachee to be upon your feet?
- Energy / Rapport
- Demonstrate change is possible – quickly
- Link to somatic
- Body language more visible – helps coaching process
- Unsticking emotional stuckness
- Changes perspectives
- Creating space
- Experientially help find:
- Detachment –vs- attachment
- Inject play / fun element, e.g. timeline
What coaching topics / situations might be more effective with both you and your coachee up on your feet?
- For ‘stuckness’ in coachee or coach
- When coachee is emotional – breaking the state
- Pinpointing the physical manifestation of ‘it’
- Responding to client’s movement and images in mind. Act it out
- To represent goal focus / past / present / future
- To represent different ‘positions’ e.g. opposing views
- Constellation work
How might you organise physical movement
- Walking and coaching and stop to capture thoughts if needed
- Stand in the place of a decision and test it (taps into intuition)
- Move and break state
- Stand in your power circle and act ‘as if’! Anchoring
- Timeline – get history, walk through career … when did you feel most powerful?
How could we be more creative / effective in the choice of venue for coaching conversations?
- Roving – walk and talk
- Use outdoors e.g. parks
- Fitting the necessary state
- Whose ‘agenda’ is the setting – make it the coachee’s choice
- Art gallery – self-reflection and raising awareness
- Does the client want to get away from a specific environment? E.g. being seen by colleagues
- Coach faces out in glass walled office.